For a full curriculum to be approved as a CHW/CHR training program for South Dakota Medicaid, a training curriculum must meet a minimum score of 49/70 points, or 70%. Training curricula that do not meet this minimum scoring requirement will not be approved as a training program for South Dakota but will have the opportunity to revise their curriculum and resubmit for review.
Curriculum Requirements for Certification
Curriculums for consideration as an approved training program for CHW/CHRs in South Dakota shall only be reviewed for approval if:
- The curriculum and subsequent training program is offered locally in South Dakota and/or states that directly border South Dakota OR the curriculum and subsequent training program directly related to a specified population within South Dakota served by CHW/CHRs.
– The National Indian Health Service Community Health Representative Training Program shall be grand parented in as a training program regardless of the number of hours required for completion. This training is only accessible for tribal CHR programs.
2. The curriculum and subsequent training program includes at least 200 hours of training and 40 hours of shadowing.
3. The curriculum and subsequent training program provides training on all three (3) areas of the South Dakota CHW/CHR scope of work.
4. The curriculum and subsequent training program provides cultural training directly related to a specified population within South Dakota serves by CHW/CHRs
5. Conduct an annual review of each approved training program to ensure the training program continues to align with the curriculum review process.
To view the full certification requirements including a sample scoring rubric, click the link below.
Training Program Interest
For training programs interested in having a curriculum reviewed to be an approved training program for South Dakota CHW/CHRs should email [email protected].