About the National Association of Community Health Workers (NACHW)
The NACHW is the national voice and organization for Community Health Workers. The mission of NACHW is to have Community Health Workers united nationally to support communities in achieving health, equity, and social justice.
The NACHW was established in 2019 to support national efforts regarding CHWs. The CHWSD is a recognized statewide association and an active state association within the NACHW.
There are many benefits for CHWs and CHW allies in South Dakota to join the NACHW. Member benefits include:
- Access to the CHW Member Directory
- NACHW Monthly Newsletter and Special Edition Releases
- Members-Only Webinars (1 webinar registration per membership)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Action Alerts on Important Policy Issues
- All-Member Town Hall Meetings
Additionally, the NACHW hosts an annual CHW conference for CHWs and CHW allies.
To assist with CHW promotion and work across the United States, the NACHW developed a document resource center which houses documents related to all things CHWs. The searchable database includes many resources and opportunities to find out more information about best practices regarding CHWs. The database also includes information about statewide initiatives to develop and sustain the CHW profession.